Whatcha looking for?



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Word About April.

April is a dirty, wicked bitch.

At the beginning of the month, I read an article on CNN about how conspiracy theorists believe that there is just something about April that attracts disaster and tragedy. The Titanic sank, the Branch Davidian compound burned, the Nazis invaded Warsaw, the Columbine shooting, the Oklahoma City bombing... Amongst my friends and family, there are so so many death anniversaries in April.

I had not experienced tragedy in April... until this year. My kitty of 8 1/2 wonderful years suddenly became sick at the beginning of the month. I pretty much stopped everything in order to focus all of the attention and energy towards her. She has NEVER been sick, so I of course thought that she was going to get better. After all, she was only 8.

Unfortunately, she took a turn for the worse last week and had to spend two nights at the animal hospital. Thousands of dollars later, I was able to take her home with six different medications because no one could figure out what was wrong with her. She continued to deteriorate over Easter weekend, and I sat with her and pet her all day, every day. Yesterday morning, she passed away.

So thank you April, for now including me in your list of victims that you have shit on. If anyone out there reading this has also experienced April's wicked ways, my heart goes out to you, and I am right there with you. Yesterday I found that shots of Jameson help, but my best advice is let's buckle down and tough it out because May is just around the corner.

Just thought that I owed an explanation as to why Designer Baby suddenly dropped off the charts. I will be back in full force soon, as I need something to focus my energy on.

Four more days until May!

Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and impressive article you have posted. Its very helpful, i have read and bookmark this site and will recommend it to more other peoples.


    Cupcake Stands

    ReplyDelete