Whatcha looking for?



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Armani Baby Wool Mittens

You know what is a strange situation? When the kids you have babysat for for about nine years suddenly become too old for a babysitter. I watched the same two kids all throughout college and continued to do so in the years that followed. Over the past year or so, I went from seeing them once a week to once every couple of weeks as their daughter started staying home alone and/or watching their younger son. Then every couple of weeks turned into once a month. Then I stopped hearing from them. I got a surprise text last week saying they needed someone for tonight and I was overjoyed. Those kids are like my family. I was only there for three hours but it was like old times, except Sean was telling me about his new email address (he sends his friends emails with subject lines like "Robots!" and "Machines!" because he loves how those things then show up in his gmail ads) and Rebecca was writing a paper on her laptop provided for her by her school. Times have changed, all around. I don't know why I am feeling so sad about it. Maybe because when I left their house, all I could think about is if I'll see them again, when for so many years it was, "See you next Saturday." Blah. I think I just have the blues today after a bad day at work and will stop rambling. 

ANYWAY, in honor of the days of trying to stuff his little hands into mittens so we could sled down the genius hill in their back yard, here we have a cute pair of wool mittens from Armani. I'm loving the wraparound logo (on the mitten where the stripes do not form the actual logo, there is a patch that reads "Armani Junior... just in case that is the mitten that gets lost, it can still be identified as Armani without it's mate). Buy these for the little guy in your life, for $53.00 at Children Salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment